February 28, 2014 :
After many years as a guesthouse The Walton will be closing its doors for the last time on Monday 10th of March! We would like to thank all of you who have stayed with us over the years. If you are planning a visit to Edinburgh do remember we have a ...
Moya M.Really enjoyed our stay at the Walton. The room was small but very high quality, clean and a very comfortable bed! The staff were very friendly and helpful! Well worth the money was great value! Would definitely stay there again.
Rachel RogersSuperb accommodation, lovely room very clean and spacious. Excellent choice for breakfast. Good location about 10 mins walk from Princes Street which was ideal. Excellent value for money and will definitely be returning :-)
C McCallWould recommend this guesthouse. Good value for money considering the location, staff very helpful, their knowledge of even the smallest places in Edinburgh was excellent.
Terms and Conditions
1. All reservations must be paid in full on ARRIVAL.
2. Please click here to see our cancellation policy.
3. For cancellations by The Walton please click here (point 9) cancellation policy.
4. The Walton is a guesthouse and the reception desk is not manned 24 hours per day. Guests should advise the Walton of their arrival time in advance. If there is a change to the agreed arrival time, guests should advise us by email with the new arrival time. The Walton closes for arrivals at 9pm (7pm Sundays) but arrangements can be made for keys to be uplifted by guests arriving after 9pm.
5. The Walton provides free off street parking for guests. It is limited and is operated on a first come first served basis. There is free on street parking available between 18.00 – 08.30 Monday – Saturday and all day on Sunday.
6. Smoking is not allowed in the Walton. We reserve the right to impose a cleaning fee of up to £100 on any guest who smokes in the building.
7. On making a booking, a guest is deemed to agree to indemnify the Walton against any losses suffered by the Walton as a result of damage done to the guesthouse or its contents by the guest or any member of the guest’s party. Losses include lost income, specialist cleaning services and the sourcing of alternative accommodation.
8. All room keys should be returned to the reception at checkout. If any room keys are not returned we reserve the right to charge £50 to cover the cost of obtaining replacement keys.
9. We reserve the right to take a deposit at the time of booking against damage.
10. We reserve the right to make a charge of £20 per guest to any guest who causes noise or other disturbance to other guests or the manager.
11. Check out is by 11.00am unless otherwise arranged. We are able to store luggage for guests on the day of arrival or departure, at the guests’ own risk.
12. All bookings are non transferrable after cancellation policy (please refer to cancellation policy) has passed and will not be transferred, re sold or refunded after this time.
13. Check In Time of 2pm is an estimate as there maybe occurences where there may be a small delay.
The Walton reserves the right to deduct sums due under these terms and conditions from any credit card the details of which the guest has given us.
11th February 2014