May 28, 2013 :
Although sightseeing is fun, it can also be expensive! However, Edinburgh has plenty of things to see and do if you are on a budget. Whether you are into museums, or more of an outdoorsy person, this city’s got it all. Museums The Writer’s Museum cel ...
Moya M.Really enjoyed our stay at the Walton. The room was small but very high quality, clean and a very comfortable bed! The staff were very friendly and helpful! Well worth the money was great value! Would definitely stay there again.
Rachel RogersSuperb accommodation, lovely room very clean and spacious. Excellent choice for breakfast. Good location about 10 mins walk from Princes Street which was ideal. Excellent value for money and will definitely be returning :-)
C McCallWould recommend this guesthouse. Good value for money considering the location, staff very helpful, their knowledge of even the smallest places in Edinburgh was excellent.
Terms and Conditions
1. All reservations must be paid in full on ARRIVAL.
2. The Walton is a guesthouse and the reception desk is not manned 24 hours per day. Guests should advise the Walton of their arrival time in advance. If there is a change to the agreed arrival time, guests should advise us by email with the new arrival time. The Walton closes for arrivals at 9pm (7pm Sundays) but arrangements can be made for keys to be uplifted by guests arriving after 9pm.
3. The Walton provides free off street parking for guests. It is limited and is operated on a first come first served basis. There is free on street parking available between 18.00 – 08.30 Monday – Saturday and all day on Sunday.
4. Smoking is not allowed in the Walton. We reserve the right to impose a cleaning fee of up to £100 on any guest who smokes in the building.
5. On making a booking, a guest is deemed to agree to indemnify the Walton against any losses suffered by the Walton as a result of damage done to the guesthouse or its contents by the guest or any member of the guest’s party. Losses include lost income, specialist cleaning services and the sourcing of alternative accommodation.
6. All room keys should be returned to the reception at checkout. If any room keys are not returned we reserve the right to charge £50 to cover the cost of obtaining replacement keys.
7. We reserve the right to take a deposit at the time of booking against damage.
8. We reserve the right to make a charge of £20 per guest to any guest who causes noise or other disturbance to other guests or the manager.
9. Check out is by 11.00am unless otherwise arranged. We are able to store luggage for guests on the day of arrival or departure, at the guests’ own risk.
10. All bookings are non transferrable after cancellation policy (please refer to cancellation policy) has passed and will not be transferred, re sold or refunded after this time.
11. Check In Time of 2pm is an estimate as there maybe occurences where there may be a small delay. All APARTMENTS have a check in time from 5pm.
12. Rates Quoted: We always try to ensure that all rates quoted by our staff, our online booking system or 3rd parties are accurate. However, in the event of a rate quotation error we reserve the right to advise you of the correct rate by email provided. You then have 48 hours to accept the rate modification or cancel your booking at no charge. If we have not heard back from you within 48 hours we will consider the booking cancelled at no charge by you.
13. Double Booking: We always try to maintain accurate room availability through our own website & that of 3rd party websites. If however we have caused a double booking we will cancel the last booking received within 25 hours with no compensation or alternative accommodation offered.
14. Outbookings: Like all accommodation providers there are odd instances beyond our control that we may have to relocate your booking. In this instance we will suggest accommodation at a similar rate, (not standard), that you can agree to or you can cancel your booking with us at no charge. We will pay the accommodation provider directly while you pay the confirmed room rate with us. We will also pay for transportation from our guest house to the alternative provider we have suggested. If you would like to find other accommodation yourself we will not pay for transportation between accommodation providers. This will complete the contract between The Walton and you the booker.
The Walton reserves the right to deduct sums due under these terms and conditions from any credit card the details of which the guest has given us.